- Species Common Name Great Basin Redband Trout
- Species Scientific Name Oncorhynchus mykiss newberrii
- Federal Listing Status Species of Concern
- State Listing Status Sensitive
- SMU/ESU/DPS/Subspecies Malheur Lakes SMU
Located in NE Oregon, the Blue Mountains ecoregion is the largest ecoregion in the state. It provides a diverse complex of mountain ranges, valleys, and plateaus that extend beyond Oregon into the states of Idaho and Washington.
Northern Basin and Range
The Northern Basin and Range ecoregion covers the very large southeastern portion of the state, from Burns south to the Nevada border and from the Christmas Valley east to Idaho. It is largely a high elevation desert-like area dominated by sagebrush communities and habitats.